RME ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, professional usb dac, headphone amp with analog line in, preamp function and XLR headphone out via adaptor cable. This is the newly updated 2020 version. This is a reference pro product providing some of the best sound available from a dac/headphone amp, perfect to use for music production as well as for listening for pleasure.
ADI-2 Pro FS R Black Edition is a very clear, detailed sounding dac, combined with a surprisingly good headphone amp - the specs do not prepare you for how dynamic, powerful and clear this sounds. Dual Dacs are used in a dual mono design for two separate stereo outputs. Internal audio processing like EQs, Crossfeed and spectral analysis, is done by a high performance DSP.
ADI-2 Pro FS R BE has a colour display for status and a spectrum analyzer. Fantastic EQ built in, with multiple presets you can save for different headphones. There are a small number of multifunction controls and tons of options in the menus - it is highly advised to read the manual with this dac. It is also advised to watch the youtube videos RME provide for getting to know the immense functionality of this dac.
You can add an optional XLR adaptor, using both headphone jacks, to supply up to 2.9 watts of output, for use with extremely difficult to drive headphones.
* A great match with the difficult to drive HEDD high end HEDDphone model.*
ADI-2 PRO FS has a ton of useful features, so here goes a list:
- dac decodes up to 768khz files + DSD
- Dual dac chips, used as dual mono design
- USB, coax & optical inputs
- rca and XLR out on the back
- Updated remote control
- built in bass, treble, EQ
- Dual headphone outputs, fully seperated design
- Headphone out is powerful - 1.5 watt per channel
- Output impedance is 0.1 ohm = does not change frequency response of any headphones /earphones
- Optional XLR balanced headphone output, with optional adaptor - provides up to 2.9 watts per channel
- XLR line output has channel separation of 120 db
- weight: 1kg
- size: 22 x 5 x 15 cm
- Made in Germany
- 2 year warranty