Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ is a state of the art, compact sized, fully featured dac. It includes full dac connectivity, upgraded dual mono design analog section with improved high end 6 watt headphone amp with balanced mode option (via the XLR adaptor), more transparent analog out and improved phono out. Black finish, in stock soon.
- **Special bundle price ltd time:
- dual 6.5mm to XLR headphone adaptor included ($239 cad value)
- Pair of Mytek Metropolis rca cables included (2x $269 cad value)
- Reg Price $2999 + $239 + 2x $269
"Now available at a SPECIAL where 10% of the sale to dealers will be donated by Mytek toNew York front line charities fighting the pandemic"
There is a choice of digital or analogue preamp, and phono input with MM and MC option built in. The USB input accepts not only computers as a source, but also android phones, apple phones and ipads, with the appropriate usb adaptor. Used as a reference in store for demos, the new Brooklyn DAC+ also has an upgraded DAC chip, now based on the ESS 9028pro.
There is a built in power supply and an input for an outboard power supply - many people online experiencing nice improvements in sound quality after upgrading to an outboard linear power supply.
Mytek Brooklyn DAC reviews below (DAC+ reviews coming soon...)
DigitalAudioReview.net: 'Division 1, recommended DAC index'
Audiostream.com: Class A recommended : 'While I've sharpened my critical keyboard waxing over the sonic attributes of the Mytek Brooklyn—much-more-than-a—DAC, its performance dictates as critical a listen as any other DAC. That's to say that while some DACs at this price point pale in comparison to more expensive offerings, Brooklyn is dangerous.'
Hifi Choice, UK Mag: 5 Stars - Recommended - Across all formats is proves an excellent listening companion, with an intricate yet powerful sound full of dynamic contrasts... Brooklyn is massively flexible and sounds great with PCM & DSD. Its a neutral pre-amp and powerful Headphone amp too, making it so versatile that almost all its longer established rivals suddenly look rather ordinary. Audition is essential...
Computeraudiophile.com: CASH AWARD: Mytek has found a way to support everything and do it very well. From endless sample rate support to MQA to both digital and analog volume control, the Mytek Brooklyn has what most people need, even if they don't know they need it yet. Through firmware updates, Mytek continues to improve the Brooklyn and offer more features. Nothing is future proof, but I believe the Mytek Brooklyn is one of the most future resistant HiFi components available today. Easily recommended and C.A.S.H. Listed.
- CONVERSION: up to 384k, 32bit PCM, native DSD, up to DSD256, DXD,
- 130dB Dynamic Range
- MQA HI-RES DECODER: built in certified hardware MQA
- DIGITAL INPUTS: USB2 Class2, AES/EBU, 2x S/PDIF, 2x Toslink, SDIF3 DSD up to DSD256
- CLOCK: “Mytek Femtoclock Generator (tm)” 0.82ps internal jitter
- ANALOG OUTPUTS: RCA, balanced XLR, simultaneous, 50 Ohm impedance
- HEADPHONE OUTPUTS: Reference High Current, High transient Headphone Amp, 500mA, 6 Watts, dual headphone jacks,
- BUILT-IN ATTENUATOR: Choice of 1dB step analog attenuator, separate for main out and head- phones, 1dB step digital 32 bit attenuator and purist relay bypass.
- BUILT-IN ANALOG PREAMP: Line level input or phono M/M, M/C input, relay controlled.
- REMOTE: Included, universal remote capable
- FIRMWARE: Upgradable via USB Control panel
- DIMENSIONS: WxDxH 216 x 216 x 44mm
- WEIGHT: 2kg
- WARRANTY: 2 years