Audeze LCD-1 is an open back planar magnetic headphone, over the ear fit. Audeze's lightest weight headphone and an easy to drive design, with a folding headband and carry case. Its in stock now and it has excellent clarity and a very even, balanced tuning with plenty of detail in the vocal and treble, without sibilance.
LCD-1 sounds excellent from a Fiio M11 portable player and with the Dragonfly Red & Cobalt. It is very light weight, not clampy at all and the comfort is 9/10.
Sounds great with a phone + Dragonfly Red or Cobalt (the Black is not a great match, go Red or Cobalt)
*Lots in stock, just restocked July 15.
Headfonics.com: LCD-1 sounds fantastic. It is certainly miles better than the original EL8. This is a very mature, coherent and tonally natural sound. Especially that treble performance.
Techradar.com: 5 stars: If you’re looking for affordable audiophile headphones, the Audeze LCD-1 are them
**Not compatible with aftermarket cables or balanced cables. **
- Wide dynamic range - 90mm Over-Ear Planar Drivers.
- Unparalleled sonic detail and accuracy - Ultra-thin Uniforce™ Diaphragms
- Powerful sound and efficiency - Fluxor™ Magnets
- Deep rich bass with low audible distortion - Fazor Waveguides
- Light-weight construction with robust memory foam ear pads w/genuine lambskin leather
- Foldable design-perfect for mixing/listening on the go
- 2m long, 3.5mm plug premium cable for tangle-free connection, with reversible headphone connectors for ease of setup
- 6.5mm adapter included
- Travel case included
- Designed and built in the USA with imported and US made parts
- Weight: 250g
- Sensitivity: 99db; Impedance: 16 ohms
- 3 year warranty on drivers, 1 year on rest of headphone