Astell & Kern Kann Alpha is a new for winter 2020 music player, with high output and A&K's first to provide a 4.4mm jack. Alpha has a 4.1" screen and a 4 core processor, using their latest software based on android 9, to music playback, access to a variety of music streaming apps and a built in youtube app to play music/videos.
Alpha has both 2.5mm & 4.4mm balanced outputs, for improved flexibility to match with a wider variety of cables. It also has a 3.5mm output. Kann Alpha has a high power amp section, with a L/M/H gain and up to 12v of output - able to nicely drive a wide variety of earphones and headphones.
Kann Alpha has up to 14 hours of battery life, bluetooth 5 with LDAC & apt-xHD for great sound quality via bluetooth. Kann Alpha uses dual ESS dacs, the new 9068s, that have MQA decoding built into the hardware - great news for Tidal hifi listeners.
Weight is 316g (between the sr25 @ 178g and Kann Cube @ 498g)
The size is 12cm x 7cm x 2.5cm (smaller than the Kann Cube's 14cm x 9cm x 3.2cm)
Music streaming apps must be loaded by the customer, downloaded to a computer and copied onto the device. Astell & Kern players do not have an app store on the devices.
- 4.1" touchscreen, 1280 x 720
- Black aluminum housing
- Bluetooth 5, apt-x HD, LDAC
- USB-C charging
- Dual ESS Sabre 9068 dacs
- MQA decoding 8x built in
- Volume dial light confirms music bitrate
- 64 GB built in + micro SD card slot
- Battery life up to 14.5 hours
- Charge time: 3.5 hours w/ quick charger
- SNR -116dB
- Crosstalk -126 dB! - -136dB balanced
- THD 0.0003%
- Output: 3.5mm: Low 2v / Mid 4v / High 6v
- 4.4 / 2.5 mm balanced: Low 4v / Mid 8v / High 12v
- 150 volume notches - makes it easy to find the rperfect volume with earphones or headphones.
- 1 year warranty